The laptop is an important part of our lives today. From working from 9 to 5 to watching the entire Netflix show, the use of such devices is of immense importance in our routine. But in this endless cycle of use, our laptops become slower over time and begin to lag behind in the tasks we want to perform. In this article, you will learn the 5 best ways you can speed up your old system.
Also, Read | 2 ways to check the laptop battery in Windows 11
Top 5 Ways to Speed Up Your Old Laptop / Computer
Uninstall unnecessary software from your system
The first and most important step to significantly increase system speed is to uninstall unnecessary software. This unnecessary software consumes key system resources, such as computing power and memory, slowing down the use of the system for the current ongoing task. You can do this by following these simple steps.
- Run Control panel in your system.
- Click on Uninstall the program under the title of the Program.
- Navigate and find unnecessary programs present here and Uninstall them.
Limit startup processes to speed up your laptop
Boot processes are those software programs that start automatically as soon as you start the system. Too many startup processes will result in slow execution of other programs because system resources will be busy running programs that are set to run after startup. By following these simple steps, you can easily set which programs you want to run as startup.
- Press this key combination control + shift + Esc run the task manager together.
- Click on Startup Tab, here you can see a list of programs that run when starting a business based on their impact.
- To prevent the program from starting at startup, right click on that software and click on Disable.
Clean the disc
Disk cleaning is another effective method to increase the speed of your slow system. Disk Cleanup helps free up space occupied by temporary files, offline thumbnails, and web data that accumulates on the disk over a period of time. To perform a disk cleanup, follow these simple steps.
- Open ‘This computer / my computer.
- Right click on the disk on which you want to clean the disk.
- Click on Real estates.
- In the lower right corner, click disk cleaning.
- The Disk Cleanup utility will show how much space will be freed after erasing data.
- Check it out required checkboxes and click on office.
Upgrade to SSD and increase system speed
This method involves changing existing storage hardware for the better. Conventional hard drives are much slower than modern SSDs that offer up to 50 times the speed of a hard drive. There are 2 ways you can install an SSD in your system.
- Replace the hard drive with an SSD.
- Clone your hard drive to the SSD and use the hard drive for storage using a caddy drive.
Also, Read | Samsung is launching a T5 portable SSD as early as Rs. 13,500 in India
Provide more RAM to your system to speed up
This is another effective method that involves upgrading your existing hardware by providing more RAM. Adding more RAM to your system will ensure that your system efficiently solves all tasks during multiple tasks. There are many high-performance RAM options available from well-known companies, such as Corsair, Kingston, and even WD elements. You can choose one according to your needs and budget.
So, in this article, you learned about the 5 best ways you can speed up your old laptop or computer and get the best out of it. If this article helped you achieve the same, don’t forget to press the Like button and share it with your friends. As always, follow more articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.