You may often encounter the error ‘Sim card not detected’ while using your Android device. This error is annoyingly frustrating because the user cannot make any phone calls or messages. In this article, you will learn 5 ways to fix when a SIM card is not detected on your Android device. In addition, you can learn to solve fast charging problems with your Android smartphone.
Also, read | 7 amazing charging animations that you should install on your Android smartphone
Ways to repair a SIM card that is not detected in Android
Restart your smartphone
If you have just purchased a new SIM card and replaced it with an old one present in your device, then your device needs to be restarted to properly identify and configure the new SIM card. Follow these simple steps to restart your Android smartphone.
- Press and hold the power button on your device until you see the Power Menu.
- Touch Reboot / Restart to restart your device.
Clean and adjust the SIM card
Sometimes dirt and dust that accumulates on the gold side of the SIM card or improper placement of the SIM card in the holder causes the device to have trouble reading the SIM card. To ensure that the SIM works properly inside the holder, remove the SIM tray and clean the gold side of the sim card. In addition, make sure that the SIM is properly inserted inside the holder without any gaps.
Remove / reinsert the Sim and test the SIM card holder
If your device displays an error without a SIM card, the existing SIM card or SIM card holder in your device may be damaged. You can check if your SIM card is working or not by following these simple steps.
- Open up SIM card holder slot with the SIM card eject needle.
- Remove the existing SIM card.
- Take another SIM card and insert it into the SIM card holder slot.
- Close the tray and check if the sim works on your phone.
- If the other sim works, may indicate a problem with your previous SIM card.
- If the other sim card does not work, this may indicate a problem with the owner of your SIM card.
Turn Airplane / Flight Mode on / off
Sometimes a problem or a problem with receiving a network cell can cause an error without a SIM card. To fix this, airplane / flight mode can prove to be of great help. If you turn it on, you will block and disable all cell broadcasts and reception. Follow these steps to do the same.
- Open the notification panel on your device by by dragging down from the top.
- Expand the notification bar and turn it on Airplane Mode.
- Touch again to turn off Airplane Mode to allow the device to enable and reconfigure mobile network reception.
Reset your network settings
An existing error or accumulated cache files can cause the network on your device to behave abnormally. This can sometimes lead to an error without a SIM card on your smartphone. To fix this, you must manually reset the network settings. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open up Settings app on your Android smartphone.
- Enter in the search bar Reset and tap Search.
- Locate Reset mobile networks from the search results and open it.
- Touch Reset settings to remove all existing network configurations and set up a new one.
In this article, you learned 5 ways to solve the problem and fix the “SIM card not detected” error on your Android smartphone. If this article helped you solve this problem, click the Like button and share this with your friends. Also, stay with us for more troubleshooting guides like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.