Like most other social media platforms, Facebook displays read confirmations to let senders know you’ve read the message. This could be annoying for people who want to secretly read Facebook messages to reply to them how comfortable they are. Fortunately, you can easily hide reading accounts in Facebook Messenger with a few simple tricks. Here are four ways to do it read Facebook messages without the sender seeing them.
Related | 4 ways to read instant messages on Instagram without watching
Read Facebook Messenger messages without being seen (2021)
Facebook does not offer a dedicated option to disable read certificates. Therefore, you will need to rely on tricks to read Messenger without notifying the sender or displaying the vision status. This includes reading notifications, using Facebook’s chat neglect option, and even using third-party tools. Read on.
1. Read Facebook messages via notifications
The easiest way to read Facebook messages without notifying the sender is through notifications. When someone sends you a message, you will receive a notification with a preview of the message. All you have to do is inspect it.
However, it does not display long texts or images for which we have other methods below.
2. Read Facebook messages without ignoring the conversation
Facebook Messenger allows you to ignore conversations that don’t interest you. When you do this, conversations are moved to message requests and you will no longer receive message notifications. Interestingly, you can use this feature to read messages without sending read confirmations, as shown below.
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Android phone.
- Long press the chat you want to read without notifying the other person.
- Then click on Ignore messages.
- Touch Ignore it again for confirmation. The message will be moved to the requirements section.
- When you’re done, tap your profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Click on Message requests.
- Switch to here Spam tab.
- Open and read the message you just ignored.
You can now read the conversations carefree and see the pictures the other person posted on Facebook. They will not be notified of the delivery or viewing of the message. The status seen will only appear when you decide to reply to the message.
- Open Facebook Messenger on your iPhone.
- Swipe left on the chat you want to read without anyone seeing you.
- Click on More > Ignore it.
- Touch Ignore it again for confirmation. The chat will be moved to the requirements section.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Click on Message requests.
- Select Spam tab.
- Read the message without worrying about reading certificates.
The other party will not be able to see if you have read the message if you do not reply to it. Replying to the chat will automatically move it back to your inbox.
3. Turn off Facebook reading accounts by disabling the Internet
One of the common ways to read Facebook messages without marking them as seen is to open them offline. Just disable mobile data and Wi-Fi (or switch to airplane mode), then open Messenger chat to read the message.
However, as soon as you connect to the Internet, the message will be marked as read. To avoid this, you can delete Messenger data before going online. This way the app will never find out that you have read the message.
To get started, disable the internet, open Messenger and read the message. Then follow the steps below to delete Messenger data:
- While the internet is disabled, open Settings on your phone and tap Applications and notifications.
- Click on See all apps and select Messenger from the list.
- Touch Storage and cache > Clear Storage.
- Confirm when you are prompted to delete the data.
Now re-enable mobile data or Wifi, open Messenger and sign in to your account. It involves a bit of hassle, but the job is done. Unfortunately, iPhone users will have to uninstall the Messenger app and reinstall it later because there is no possibility to delete the data.
4. Secretly read Facebook messages using third-party extensions
Some Chrome third-party extensions allow you to secretly read Facebook messages without showing read credentials to the sender. One such extension was Unseen for Facebook Messenger. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be working now.
However, there is an alternative extension called Social Tools, which you can try on your computer. The extension blocks shipping accounts for Facebook, Instagram and other websites. However, it is very experimental and can stop working at any time.
Steps to block Facebook accounts using a Chrome extension:
- Go to the extension page and tap Add to Chrome.
- Once installed, tap the extension icon on the toolbar.
- When the page loads, enable the switch for Block sending “Seen” to others below both Facebook i Messenger.
- Now open Facebook in Chrome and read the messages you want without marking them as seen.
An unseen number will be displayed on the extension page to check how many read certificates have been blocked to date. However, be sure to do a trial run before relying on it blindly.
In addition to Chrome, you can use extensions for other Chrome-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Brave.
Related | How to install Chrome extensions on Android
Lock- Hide reading certificates on Facebook
These were handy ways to read Facebook Messenger messages without anyone seeing them or notifying the sender on your phone and computer. I hope you can now read the messages without worrying about replying on time. If you have anything else to recommend, let me know in the comments below. Follow us for more.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.