If you have recently switched from WhatsApp to Telegram, you must be missing one thing about WhatsApp. You can read WhatsApp messages without seeing them, and the same is possible on direct messages on Instagram. What about the Telegram? Well, there is no such built-in function here. But don’t worry, there are some workarounds. So we will tell you without further ado how to read Telegram messages without seeing.
Also, Read | 2 ways to prevent people from adding you to Telegram groups
How to read a telegram message without seeing
Use airplane mode
- Enable when you receive a message on the Telegram that you want to read silently Airplane mode.
- Run Telegram and read the message.
- After reading it, close the application and remove it from Recent cards.
- Disable airplane mode and turn on mobile data or WiFi.
With this method, you can read the entire conversation without being “seen”.
Read the message from the lock screen / notification panel
The telegram offers you the option of switching on View messages u Settings with which you can silently read new messages directly from the lock screen and notification panel. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Open the Telegram settings by opening it Hamburger Menu on the left.
- Touch Settings.
- Select Notifications and sounds.
- Select the chat category to which you want this setting to apply, e.g. Private chats, groups or channels.
- Turn it on View message.
So every time a new message arrives, you can expand and take a look from a lock screen or from a notification panel without anyone knowing.
Snoop and Look method
Telegram allows its users to use this method to sniff the latest message without visibility. Notice that only recent conversations can be seen by this method. So it can’t provide you with an entire conversation to read. To use this, follow these simple steps.
- Open the Telegram app and find the chat you want to view.
- Long press the profile picture to chat in the chat list to see the latest message
- Messages seen this way will not be marked as read.
What you need to keep in mind here is as soon as you release the long press, the message you read will automatically disappear. You can repeat this process as many times as you want to keep reading without anyone seeing you.
So, these are 3 methods by which you can quietly read your messages in the Telegram. If this post is helpful, press the like button and share this trick with your friends to prove how much you can help them. Follow us for more such instructions.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.