Apple today released iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1 for all compatible iPhones and iPads. This is the first major release of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 from Apple. The updates bring some significant new features and should also fix a few bugs and issues that have been reported with the OS so far.
iOS 15.1 adds the ability to record ProRes videos on the iPhone 13 Pro series. It also represents SharePlay, a feature that Apple first teased at WWDC, but didn’t include the first public release of iOS 15.
You can install the iOS 15.1 or iPadOS 15.1 update on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Below is the complete change log of iOS 15.1 from Apple:
-SharePlay is a new way to share synchronized experiences in FaceTime with content from Apple TV apps, Apple Music, Fitness + and other supported App Store apps
– Shared controls give everyone the ability to pause, play, rewind or fast forward
– Smart volume automatically reduces the sound of a movie, TV show or song when your friends are talking
– Apple TV supports the option to watch shared video on the big screen while continuing a FaceTime call on iPhone
– Screen sharing lets everyone in a FaceTime call view photos, browse the web, or help each other
– ProRes video recording using iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
– Set to turn off automatic camera switching when taking macro photos and videos on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
– COVID-19 vaccination card support allows you to add and present verifiable vaccination information from Apple Wallet
– Support for Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan) in the Translate app and for full system translation
– New automation starts based on instantaneous reading of humidity, air quality or light level sensor supported by HomeKit
– New pre-built actions allow you to translate text to images or gifs, plus a new collection of games allows you to spend time with Siri
This release also addresses the following issues:
– Photos may incorrectly report that the storage is full when importing photos and videos
– The Weather app may not display the current temperature for My Location and may incorrectly display animated background colors
– Audio playback from the application may pause when the screen is locked
– The wallet may close unexpectedly when using VoiceOver with multiple passes
– Available Wi-Fi networks may not be detected
– Battery algorithms updated on iPhone 12 models to better estimate battery capacity over time
On the iPad, the update adds the above features and support for Live Text in the Camera app. With Live Text, the camera can detect text, phone numbers, addresses and more, with a feature available on iPads that have an A12 Bionic chip or later. Live Text was already available on the iPhone.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website:
In addition to iOS 15.1, Apple has also released watchOS 8.1 for all compatible Apple Watch models. The update does not bring significant new features, but aims to correct some basic bugs and problems.
If you have discovered any more changes in iOS 15.1 or iPadOS 15.1, leave a comment and share it with our readers!
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.