Today, we are excited to finally be able to talk about Intel’s latest product release — the Xeon W-3300 and our new HD150i-powered workstation. Built on a new Xeon architecture specifically designed to increase performance and efficiency, Intel has adapted this new set of processors to compete with AMD’s Threadripper PRO. There’s a lot to like, so let’s bury ourselves.
Intel has released a total of five Xeon W-3300 models, ranging from 12 to 38 cores, with all Hyperthreading supported:
- Intel® Xeon® W-3375 processor, 38 cores at 2.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo), 57MB L3 cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3365 processor, 32 cores at 2.7 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo), 48 MB L3 cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3345 processor, 24 cores at 3.0 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo), 36 MB L3 cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3335 processor, 16 cores at 3.4 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo), 24 MB L3 cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3323 processor, 12 cores at 3.5 GHz (3.9 GHz Turbo), 21 MB L3 cache
A host of new features align this new Xeon with AMD’s competition, especially in the mid-range. Here is just an example of what it offers:
- Up to 64 PCIe Gen 4 tapes
- Up to 4TB DDR4 8-channel ECC RAM
- Up to 38 cores / 76 threads
- Up to 4.0 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0
- Intel® Deep Learning boosts ML Inferencing workloads
- Intel® AVX 512 instruction support
- Code Correction Error (ECC) Memory support
- Embedded Reliability, Availability and Serviceability (RAS) technologies
- Intel® Virtual RAID On CPU (Intel® VROC) support
Below are some benchmarks we recently conducted on a 16-core Xeon W-3335 with an NVIDIA Quadro P2200. While that’s not the top pile for this product line, you can still see the value these new processors offer.
For example, Cinebench, a CPU-specific gauge designed to measure high-threaded processors, gives a score of 23,644. This is in line with the previous 24-core Xeon and outperforms the 16-core Threadripper by about 50%.
Who is it for?
Intel designed this processor specifically for heavy workloads where potentially very high RAM density can speed up workflow. This includes, but is not limited to, industries such as architecture, engineering, construction, media, and machine learning.
Find out more about our ProMagix HD150i powered Intel W-3300 here or talk to one of our expert sales team by calling 804-419-0900.
Josh has been with Velocity Micro since 2007 in various roles in marketing, PR and sales. As Director of Sales and Marketing, he is responsible for all direct and retail sales, as well as for marketing activities. He enjoys reruns of Seinfeld, songs from the Atlanta Braves and the Beatles written by John, Paul or George. Sorry, Ringo.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.