Picture-in-Picture mode is a special type of multi-window mode used to play videos. Using this mode, you can have your favorite video from say YouTube or Netflix, which plays above all other open windows in the system. So you can keep an eye on other important things while watching your favorite video. In this article, you will learn how to use Picture-in-Picture mode to watch videos on a Windows PC. In addition, you can also learn to stop the automatic playback of videos in your browser.
Also, read | 3 ways to share files online without uploading anywhere
Use picture-in-picture mode to watch videos on Windows
Picture-in-picture mode using Windows Video Player
By default, Microsoft Windows provides a video-in-picture playback feature using its own Movies and TV application. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Navigate to the media file you want to run in this special mode.
- Right-click and expand Open with option from the list.
- Choose Movies and TV app.
- Click on Play in Mini View Button.
- That’s it! Your video will start playing in the desired mode.
- To exit this mode, click cross button in the upper right corner of the mini view.
Use the Google Image in Image extension for Google Chrome
Google offers its own Image-in-Image extension for video playback within Google Chrome. With this extension, you can easily play videos in this mode from video playback sites such as YouTube, Netflix, and more. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Open up Chrome Web Store.
- Search Picture in picture Google extension.
- Click on Add to Chrome Button to install this extension on your web browser.
- Open any video playback website such as YouTube, Netflix, etc.
- Click on Picture in picture extensions present in the extension button to the right of the address bar.
- To close this mode, click cross button in the upper right corner of the mini screen to finish it.
Picture-in-picture mode using Mozilla Firefox
If you access the Internet through other web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, you can use its built-in features to activate this special way of playing videos. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to a video playback site like YouTube.
- Play your favorite video and click Mini Player Option.
- Find and click on floating picture-in-picture button on the mini screen to start this mode.
- That’s it! you have successfully enabled this method to play videos.
- To close it, click on the cross in the upper right corner of the mini screen.
In this article, you learned how to use picture-in-picture mode to watch videos on a Windows PC. If you enjoyed trying this new feature, press the Like button and share this with your friends. As always, stay with us for more great directions like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.