You will be notified when someone from your contact list joins Signal or Telegram. Fortunately, you can disable these alerts on your phone on both platforms. Read here to learn how to stop receiving “Contact has joined Telegram or Signal” alerts.
On the Telegram
Telegram has this setting with which you can easily turn off the ‘Contact Associated’ option. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Telegram app on your phone and tap the burger menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Select “Settings” from this menu, scroll down to “Notifications and sounds” and tap it.
3. Now scroll down here to find “Contact has joined Telegram” in the Events section and tap the switch to disable it.
That’s it, now you won’t be notified of a new message when someone from your contacts joins Telegram.
Signal Messenger also gives you the ability to disable “associated contact” alerts from settings. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Signal Messenger app on your phone and tap the profile picture icon at the top left of the screen.
2. On the “Settings” page, select “Notifications.”
3. Now scroll down to “Contact joins signal” in the “Notify when” section and disable the switch next to it.
That’s it, now you won’t even receive alerts on the Signal. The steps are similar in the app versions for Android and iOS.
Bonus tip: Archive chats
If you do not want to turn off the “Contact associated” option on the Telegram, and the messages associated with the telegram are filled in on your chat page, you can easily archive these conversations when you receive alerts.
To archive a chat, tap and select a chat, then select the top three-point menu. From the menu, select Archive Chat.
You can deactivate conversation archiving whenever you want. Archived conversations are at the top of all conversations. You can tap ‘Archived’ to see these conversations, then deactivate them by holding and selecting an option from the three-point menu.
So, this is all about how you can stop contacting Telegram or Warning Signal on your phone. For more articles like this, follow us on social media.
You can also read ours WhatsApp vs Telegram vs Signal a comparison that is based on all the features of these messengers to get an idea of which one you should use.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.