Among the many new features that come with the new iOS 15, there are some features that are really very useful in India. One of them is the ability to scan UPI QR codes using an iPhone camera. So now if you want to make a payment, you can just open the camera and scan the code. In this article, I will tell you how to scan UPI QR codes using an iPhone camera.
Also, read | How to enable background sounds in iOS 15 to cover up unwanted noise
Scan UPI QR codes using an iPhone camera
Although iPhones already come with a QR code scanner on the control panel that can scan any code, this new feature is built into the camera app and gives you the ability to open the recent UPI payment app. Read on to find out the details here!
Enable QR code scanner
You must first make sure that the QR code scanner is enabled in the camera settings. Follow these steps to enable this feature on your iPhone:
1. Open “Settings” on your iPhone
2. Scroll down and go to “Camera”.
3. In the camera settings, enable the switch next to “Scan QR codes”.
That’s it, you can now go to the camera and start paying via UPI apps.
Steps for scanning UPI QR codes
After enabling the feature on the camera, follow these steps to pay via UPI:
1. Open the camera and scan the QR code for payment.
2. The camera will start displaying the name of the UPI application you used recently.
3. Tap the name of the app below the QR code and you will be prompted to open that UPI app.
You can then enter the UPI PIN or amount if it is not already set and make the payment. If you want to change the UPI application-
1. Tap the small scanner icon in the lower right corner and a list of other UPI applications installed on your phone will be displayed.
2. Select the name of the application you want to use and the camera will ask you to open it.
3. After tapping Open, then make a payment using that app.
So, here’s how you can scan UPI QR codes using the camera on your iPhone for payment. This is useful in cases where the UPI application scanner is not working well.
For more tips and tricks for iOS 15, follow us!
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.