We all have to pay online or send money to someone, and UPI has been the best way to do this lately. However, as you know, paying via UPI requires an application and an active internet connection to process payments. So when you sometimes face connectivity issues, it’s hard to pay someone. But there is a trick you can use to send money via UPI without an internet connection.
Also, read | How to send and receive money via WhatsApp
Send money using UPI without internet
If you want to make an online payment without the Internet or have a phone with features without access to UPI applications, you can make payments using a USSD-based service.
USSD-based mobile banking was launched by NPIC (National Payments Corporation of India) along with the BHIM UPI app back in 2016.
Steps to send money using USSD code
Before you begin, make sure your mobile phone number is registered with the bank. Also download the BHIM UPI app and register in your bank account. Then follow the steps below:
1. Open the dial on the phone and dial * 99 # on the phone. A menu appears with various options, including Sending Money, Receiving Money, etc.
2. Now answer with 1 to select the Send Money option.
3. You will then see the money sending options including- Mobile Phone Number, UPI ID or Account Number and IFSC Code. Select the desired option.
4. If you selected a mobile phone number, enter the mobile phone number of the person you are sending money to. Or enter the UPI ID or account number and IFSC code.
5. After entering that person’s mobile phone number, UPI ID, or bank account information, you can enter the amount you want to send in rupees.
6. You will then see the username and you can add comments if you wish.
7. Now enter your UPI PIN and tap Send.
That’s it. You will receive the transaction status along with the reference ID. You can currently upload up to Rs. 5000 per transaction using this service. With this service you can send and receive money without any data, and even with a phone with basic functions.
This is all about how you can send money using UPI without an internet connection.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.