NFT has given artists a new platform for greater exposure and easy sale of their work. There are many NFT platforms that provide a variety of great tools for creators and encourage them to make their NFT more accessible. So, if you are an ambitious creator who also wants to dive into the NFT pool, then we only have a guide on how to create and sell your own NFT for free. The process is simple and there is a very small learning curve that you will not have trouble understanding.
Also, read | Unstoppable domains: how to buy NFT domains, how it works and more
How to create and sell NFT for free
Step 1. Create a crypto wallet
First of all, you will need an Ethereum wallet or you can use another cryptocurrency-based wallet to use to sell your NFT. Most NFT markets accept the MetaMask wallet because it gives you the ability to store your art in the wallet.
Read our detailed guide on how to create a MetaMask wallet.
Step 2. Add funds to Crypto Wallet
Now that your wallet is set up, you will need to buy Ethereum or any other suitable cryptocurrency on the cryptocurrency and then transfer it to your wallet. Let’s take CoinDCX as an example. The process will be similar for other stock exchanges.
- Go to CoinDCX, then Funds> Portfolio.
- Select Ethereum and click Withdraw
- Copy the address of your wallet and paste it on CoinDCX and enter the amount you want to send to your wallet. Remember that a transaction fee will be charged.
- That’s it! you have successfully transferred your cryptocurrency to your wallet.
Now that you have the funds in your wallet. Go to the NFT market you love. Or you can check out some of the markets we’ve curated for you here.
Step 3. Load and print your NFT
Now, we come to the part where we talk about the middle ground. Go to the market first. We use OpenSea for demonstration, but the process will be the same for others.
1. First connect your crypto wallet to OpenSea. Click on Wallet and you will see the option for MetaMask.
2. Select this and your MetaMask extension will ask you for a password. When you enter it, your wallet is linked to the site.
3. In OpenSea you will find the option to Create directly on the home page. Click on it. If you don’t find it on any other page right away, scroll to the end and it should be somewhere out there.
4. You will see a window where you can add your artwork or a file of your creation. Below you can name your NFT and add a link to your website for more details if you have one. Then add a description of your NFT.
5. You will then find a variety of options to choose from to better filter your NFT. You can choose the amount of NFT you want to make available. Think of it as a limited edition.
6. Then select which Blockchain you want to be available on. After finalizing the settings, click create.
7. You will then be taken to a page where all the analytical details as well as the activity history will be listed. Just click on the sale to continue.
8. On this page you can choose whether you want to sell your NFT at a fixed price or put it up for auction where you can sell it to the highest bid. You can also set the duration for which you want your NFT to be available or the auction time limit, and then click on Complete Sale.
You will now have to pay a transaction fee and your NFT will be available for purchase on the market.
This brings us to the end of the process. You can now share your NFT connection to attract more people to your work, and even some potential investors.
Some websites even allow you to set the amount of royalties. This pays you a percentage of the amount each time your NFT is sold so you can continue to make money from your work.
As we mentioned earlier, the process is simple and we hope we have helped you learn the basics of creating your own NFT. Obviously you can experiment and try different sites and options or even with different art forms, but the process generally stays the same.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.