Apple will release an updated version of the MacBook Air in 2022 with some of the biggest design changes we’ve seen since 2010, when Apple introduced 11- and 13-inch options. In the video below, we highlight five features you need to know about the new machine.
- No more Wedge designs – The current MacBook Air models have a wedge-shaped design that tapers toward the front, but the new MacBook Air will look much more like a MacBook Pro with a uniform body design. However, it will deviate from the MacBook Pro in terms of ports, and Apple is expected to include only USB-C ports.
- White frames – It is rumored that the “MacBook Air” is modeled on a 24-inch iMac, with off-white bezels around the screen and a matching gray-white keyboard with a full range of function keys. The MacBook Pro surprised us all with a camera notch, and rumors suggest that the “MacBook Air” will have the same notch, but in white.
- More colors – Continuing with the “iMac” theme, the new “MacBook Air” is expected to be available in several color options. The colors could be similar to the 24-inch ‘iMac’, which comes in blue, green, pink, silver, yellow, orange and purple. Apple has a history of using bright colors for its non-Pro machines, and different color options would clearly distinguish the MacBook Air from its Pro brother.
- Mini-LED screen – Apple has introduced a mini-LED screen with ProMotion technology in the MacBook Pro models for 2021, and the “MacBook Air” from 2022 could adopt the same screen, but without ProMotion. The MacBook Air screen is expected to continue to measure about 13 inches.
- M2 Chip – Rumors suggest that the MacBook Air will be equipped with an “M2” chip, which would be an upgraded version of the M1. It won’t be as powerful as the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips used in the MacBook Pro, but it will offer an improvement over the “M1”. It is expected to still have an 8-core CPU, but with faster performance and nine or 10 GPU cores, compared to seven or eight in M1.
There is another significant rumor – the upcoming MacBook Air may not be Air at all. Apple could plan to return to the standard name “MacBook,” which hasn’t been in use since the 12-inch MacBook was resumed. It is not yet clear whether this is true, so the name “Air” may not be retained, but there is a chance that Apple will once again simplify the naming of its Mac.
We will know more as the MacBook Air launch date approaches, and although the release date has not yet been determined, we expect to see it in the second half of the year.
For a more detailed look at what is expected from MacBook Air for 2022, we have a dedicated rumor guide. It is a good idea to keep it marked if you are planning to buy one of the new machines, because we update it every time a new rumor appears.
The best iPhone deals for Black Friday are still available
Mobile operators have always offered big savings on the latest iPhone models over the holidays, and sales for Black Friday 2021 have now carried over to Cyber Monday as well. Right now, we’re tracking significant offerings on the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro from AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. For even greater savings, watch out for older models like the iPhone SE. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate …
Best Cyber Monday deals for AirPods, Apple Pencil, iMac, more
Since Black Friday is over, Cyber Monday 2021 is now in full swing and you can find many of the same sales as last week on Apple products such as AirPods, Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. In this article, we focus on the best Cyber Monday discounts on Apple products like these and more. Note: MacRumors is an associate partner of some of these vendors. When you click on the link and make a purchase, we …
Apple introduces a new MacBook upgrade program for business partners
In collaboration with CIT as a financial partner, Apple has launched a new Mac Upgrade Program for small businesses and Apple business partners that allows companies to easily distribute and upgrade their fleet of MacBooks at an affordable price for all their employees. As stated on the CIT website, shared by Max Weinbach, Apple business partners can distribute a 13-inch MacBook Pro, …
The best deals for AirPods for Black Friday are still available
Offers for Black Friday 2021 are still strong on Cyber Monday, and in this article we follow the best deals in Apple’s line of AirPods headsets. We’ve been sharing bestsellers for Apple devices like the iPhone, Mac, and iPad all week, so be sure to follow us on Twitter for all the latest Black Friday sales Note: MacRumors is an associate partner of some of these vendors. When …
Kuo: Apple AR headphones are coming in late 2022 with Mac-level computing power
Apple’s long-talked-about Augmented Reality (AR) headset project is set to bear fruit at the end of next year with the launch of the first device to carry a pair of processors that support its high-end capabilities, according to a new research report by renowned Ming-Chi Kuo analyst MacRumors . According to Kuo, it is said that the main processor of a higher class is similar to the Apple M1 chip …
The best deals for the iMac and MacBook for Black Friday are still available
Our coverage on Black Friday 2021 continues with the best deals you can find today for the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac and Mac mini. As with all Black Friday deals, we’re not sure how long any of these will last, and prices always vary, so if you see something you want, be sure to buy it soon. Note: MacRumors is an associate partner of some of these vendors. When you click on the link and …
The best deals for Cyber Monday Apple accessories today
We started sharing deals for Apple products for Cyber Monday 2021 earlier today, and now we’re tracking offers and benefits available from all of Apple’s best accessory companies. Similar to Black Friday, you can expect savings for Cyber Monday from Twelve South, Nomad, Belkin, Casetify and many more. Note: MacRumors is an associate partner of some of these vendors. When you click on the link and …
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.