If you are trying to monitor your health, weight can be used as one of the indicators, whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or gain weight. There are many scales on the market today, some stupid, some smart, and there is also BBalance, a unique scale that also serves as a bathroom mat.
If you’re wondering why this sounds familiar, it’s because BBalance actually debuted by Baracoda as Mateo Smart Bathroom Mat back in 2020, where it was a prototype and was the winner of the CES 2020 Innovation Awards, so BBalance will be the final product that will be available to the public for purchase.
For those unfamiliar, Baracoda is the parent company behind the device, and earlier this year the company also unveiled the Themis smart mirror which won the CES 2021 Innovation Award.
As we said, BBalance is a bathroom mat that can also be doubled as a scale to which information about it can be sent and viewed on your phone, which makes it easier for you to track your weight. Not only can it track your weight, but it can also tell you something about your balance and posture.
It also comes with a variety of exercise tips and videos that can help you improve your balance and posture if it’s a little broken. It’s an interesting piece of technology and it’s pretty cool because it doesn’t disrupt your daily routine. You can place a mat in front of the sink so you can measure yourself while brushing your teeth and getting ready in the morning.
BBalance is currently on Indiegogo trying to raise funds, which he has surpassed since then, so if you are eager to support him, visit the details.
From the official Press Release, here is a list of functions that BBalance claims to have:
- Effortless measurement thanks to integration into the user’s bath mats by camouflaging its appearance to disperse the clumsiness inherent in conventional scales. Users are no longer forced to try to weigh themselves, but simply need to stand on a bath mat while getting out of the shower or brushing their teeth. Measurements are performed without problems and are sent directly to the application.
- Special application: since BBalance does not have a screen, users can check their data directly in the application. To reduce the stress that comes with our weighing, BBalance suggests a way to browse with data-intensive, or a simplified view that translates data into global trends intertwined with relevant advice. Users are alerted only in case of problems, risks or abnormalities.
- Advanced posture analysis for predicting back pain and for early detection of scoliosis in adolescents.
- Equilibrium evaluation to guide people in rehabilitating or improving balance, enabling older or physically challenged people to avoid a fall.
- Weight calibration adjusted according to the user’s position on the bath mats, taking into account the inaccuracies inherent in conventional scales, ensuring that the measured weight does not vary depending on the user’s movements.
- A system of automatic recognition through artificial intelligence, which identifies users based on their fingerprints. This system automatically connects data with relevant family members, personalizing the experience for each household member.
- Daily, personalized exercises that improve health on a variety of axles: posture perfection, muscle building, balance improvement, or relaxation exercises that integrate easily into users ’morning and evening routines.
- Monitoring the growth / development of children (weight, posture, foot size)
- Body measurements, showing muscle mass, fat mass, water mass and bone mass.
Disclaimer: Ubergism co-founder and editor Eliane Fiolet is a board advisor to BBalance’s parent company, the Baracoda Group.
Reported. Read more about Crowdfunding, Health and Indiegogo.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.