With the introduction of the iPhone 12 last year, Apple also introduced the new MagSafe accessory ecosystem for the first time. Go below as we collect some of the best MagSafe accessories for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 this holiday season…
MagSafe accessories are compatible with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13. This means that if you are giving away an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 this holiday season, it can be a great accessory for socks. On the other hand, if you’re shopping for someone you know already has an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, MagSafe accessories are a great option.
Belkin MagSafe 2-in-1
One of my favorite MagSafe accessories is Belkin’s MagSafe 2-in-1 wireless charger. Priced under $ 100, this is a great option for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 buyers who also have AirPods or other accessories that support Qi.
The Belkin 2-in-1 has a dedicated MagSafe charging stand with a dedicated Qi charging pad in the base station.
- Fast wireless charging up to 15 W for iPhone 12 and 13 series. Compatible only with cases that support MagSafe for MagSafe wireless charging accessory.
- Made for MagSafe, this wireless charger provides up to 15 W for iPhones 12 and 13 series, power adapter included
- Charge in any orientation so you can FaceTime in portrait or easily switch to landscape to watch videos
- The architecturally inspired design complements your iPhone 12 or 13 series device and looks great in any environment
- The only wireless chargers designed with official MagSafe technology
You can download the Belkin 2-in-1 MagSafe wireless charger from Amazon for less than $ 100 in black or white. The company also sells a 3-in-1 model with support for the Apple Watch, although it is currently out of stock.
MagSafe in the car
If you are buying a car accessory compatible with MagSafe, one of our favorite options is the Anker PowerWave car mount charger. As we detailed in our full review, this is a great way to bring MagSafe compatibility into your car with charging support.
- Strong magnetic grip: even the buzzing of your phone will not loosen the grip of the holder. Place your iPhone on the car’s magnetic charging cradle and let the secure magnets do the rest.
- Wide compatibility: works flawlessly with most in-car air vents to keep your phone in place. (Use the included 3M dashboard pad if the clips are not compatible with the vents)
- Turn it on: rotate your iPhone 12 horizontally or vertically for the optimal viewing angle when using your favorite navigation app or receiving hands-free calls.
The Anker car charger is available on Amazon for less than $ 40. Another popular option is ESR HaloLock, which also has MagSafe compatibility.
As I wrote earlier this year, MagSafe Duo has become one of my favorite add-ons of all time. It’s an ideal companion for iPhone and Apple Watch owners, especially those planning to travel sometime in 2022. As I wrote back in August, it’s a clever foldable design that really makes the MagSafe Duo shine:
The design of the MagSafe Duo is easy to make fun of, but in practice I have found it to be smart and versatile. The foldable design makes it easy to throw in your bag before traveling, giving you a single-cable solution to charge your iPhone and Apple Watch while you’re at the hotel or Airbnb.
The clever foldable design also extends to the Apple Watch, which can be rotated to lift for compatibility with Nightstand mode, as well as certain Apple Watch bracelets such as the Solo Loop. The versatile design is easily the MagSafe Duo’s best-selling item and gives it an edge over some of the bulkier competitors in the market.
The disadvantage of the MagSafe Duo is that it is expensive and costs $ 129. There are some more affordable options on the market, but for Apple fans loyal to the brand, the MagSafe Duo is a great choice.
When it comes to finding a wallet compatible with MagSafe, you have several options. Apple sells its own MagSafe Wallet in a variety of colors, which also includes support for Find My integration. Apple’s MagSafe Wallet, however, costs $ 59 and can only store up to 3 cards.
In my opinion, the Find My support add-on and leather design make the Apple MagSafe Wallet more than valuable. Other options are available, however.
Satechi makes some of our favorite Apple accessories here at 9to5Mac, and its line of MagSafe gadgets does not disappoint. One of the best options is the Satechi Aluminum 2-in-1 MagSafe compatible charging stand, which is a more affordable alternative to the aforementioned Belkin stand.
Satechi also makes a weighted pairing charging base station with a MagSafe charger, as well as a ventilation bracket for your car.
The MagSafe charging system on the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 can also be used for power on the go. Apple sells its own MagSafe Battery Pack for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, but it’s expensive and less than the ideal solution for $ 100.
- Attaching the MagSafe battery is easy. Its compact, intuitive design makes it easy to charge on the go. Perfectly aligned magnets keep it attached to your iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro – providing secure and reliable wireless charging.
- And it charges automatically, so there’s no need to turn it on or off. No hassle with your credit cards or keychains either.
- At your table and do you need a charge? Just plug the Lightning cable into the MagSafe battery for up to 15W wireless charging. Short on time? With a power adapter larger than 20 W, you can charge both the MagSafe battery and your iPhone even faster. And you can monitor the status of your charge on the lock screen.
Another option we prefer is Anker’s MagSafe portable charger. This option also includes a smart stand, and is charged via USB-C unlike Lightning.
These are just some of our favorite MagSafe plugins. There are a handful of other options available. See them below.
What are your favorite MagSafe accessories for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13? Let us know in the comments!
FTC: We use auto affiliate links to earn revenue. More.
Watch 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.