Screenshots play a vital role in capturing current information that can be used for a variety of purposes. If you use a Windows laptop, you can easily take screenshots using a variety of methods. In this article, you will learn 6 ways to take screenshots on a Windows laptop. In addition, you can learn to take screenshots in Chrome, Firefox while browsing privately.
Also, read | 3 ways to add blur for free to screenshots and photos on your mobile device and PC
Ways to capture a screen on a Windows laptop
Take screenshots using the Windows crop tool
Microsoft Windows offers the Windows Snipping Tool as a built-in tool to easily capture screenshots on your system. Using this tool, you can capture the entire screen or save a portion. It also offers saving screenshots in various image formats such as JPG, PNG, etc. Follow these simple steps to use the Windows Clip Tool.
- Press the Windows key, search Snipping Tool and open it.
- Select Screen capture mode are given lists.
- You can also set a time delay to take a screenshot.
- Click on the + New button to start taking a screenshot from the current window.
- Drag the cursor in a plus shape to capture all or part of the current window.
- You can edit this screenshot using the toolbox.
- To save this image, click Save icon.
- Alternatively, you can press Windows + S key and file name and select the format to save.
Use the PrintScreen method to take screenshots
One of the easiest methods to capture a screen on a Windows laptop is via the PrtSc Key. Follow these simple steps to take your own screenshot.
- Open the window you want to capture as a screenshot.
- Press PrtSc key (PrintScreen Key) to save the entire window to the clipboard.
- Open an image editor, for example, MS-Paint.
- Under the tool, click Paste the icon to paste a screenshot from the clipboard into the Paint application.
- Save this image by pressing Windows + S key combination and select the desired format.
Take screenshots using Windows Game Center / Bar
Both Windows 11 and 10 offer an enhanced gaming center / bar for gamers to capture screens while playing games on their laptop. This feature is not limited to games and you can activate it at any time using shortcuts to capture the screen of the current window. Follow these steps to achieve this goal.
- Press Windows + Alt + G keys at the same time on your keyboard to launch Windows Game Center.
- Go to the upper left corner of the screen to locate screen capture button and click on it.
- The screenshot of the current window will be taken immediately.
- You can view these screenshots by clicking on Show all recordings button just below the screenshot icon.
Take screenshots using Windows shortcuts / dedicated keys
If you don’t have enough time to search and open the screenshot application in Windows, you can launch it immediately using Windows shortcuts. Some laptop manufacturers include a dedicated screen capture key in the keyboard of some laptop models for easier access. Alternatively, you can press Windows + Shift + S key combination to instantly launch the crop tool.
Use third-party software such as ScreenRec
There is a lot of reliable third-party software that offers screen capture for Windows systems. One such application is ScreenRec which is free software that offers screen shots, instant sharing, and even screen capture. Follow these steps to take screenshots using ScreenRec.
- Install the software to your system by following the steps in the installation wizard.
- Double click on ScreenRec software to run it.
- At least from 4 icons will appear in the middle right corner of your screen.
- Click on Camera icon to start screen capture.
- Drag the cursor to the current window to select and click Save Image button to save it to your system.
- You can also record your current screen with sound using this software.
Bonus tip: Take screenshots of the entire page with text notes
You can also take screenshots of the entire page on your mobile phone and PC along with text notes. This will help you add even more effective screenshots to your work. Follow this simple 2-minute reading on how to take screenshots across the notes page on your mobile device, PC.
In this article, you learned how to take screenshots on a Windows laptop. If this article helped you learn something about it, click the Like button and share this with your friends to help them work. As always, stay with us for more informative articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.