Earlier in 2018, Google introduced its app in India that changes the Google Pay game and changed the way we make payments. In the current scenario, Google Pay has become more than a digital payment app. Not only can you make payments, but you can also use many other useful services such as charging your FASTag. In this article, we talk about some of the best tips and tricks for Google Pay so you can get the best out of this.
Also, read | How to store your vaccination certificate on Google Pay
The best tips and tricks for Google Pay
Google Pay account activation
- Open Google Pay and enter the number that you want to link to your Google Pay account.
- Select an account to connect to Google Pay and tap Accept and continue.
- Google Pay will verify your information.
- On the next page, create a Google Pin or use an existing lock screen.
- Congratulations on successfully activating your Google Pay account.
- You can look at your own Account details by tapping the Profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Add your bank account to Google Pay
- Open your Google Pay account details by tapping profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Touch Send money to add your bank account information.
- Search your bank name and open it.
- Select your SIM card associated with your bank account.
- Google Pay will send a dedicated SMS from the selected SIM card to verify your bank details and will set it up as your primary bank account for conducting transactions.
- You can add multiple bank accounts to Google Pay and switch between them to complete transactions.
Use QR codes to send, receive money immediately
Google Pay gives you a dedicated QR code to send and receive money through the app. You can scan any QR code through the app to pay someone or generate a QR code for yourself to receive money in your bank account. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Open the Google Pay app and tap Scan any QR button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Touch Turn on the camera to allow the application access privileges to the camera.
- to send money, scan the QR code inside the scan block or you can select an existing QR code image from your gallery.
- Enter the amount and notes and select your bank account to send money.
- Similarly, you can receive money directly to your bank account by generating your own QR code.
- To generate your own QR code to accept payment, tap profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Generate a QR code by tapping small QR code button below your profile icon.
Change your Google Pay PIN
Google Pay provides absolute security to its users while using the app. It connects your bank account to your Google profile and provides login security with a dedicated PIN or password to lock your Google Pay login. You set this PIN when registering your Google Pay account. However, you can change it from time to time to stay protected.
- Open Google Pay and tap Profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Touch Settings.
- Open up Privacy and security.
- Touch Security.
- Enter your existing PIN, tap Use the lock screen and set it up.
- To generate a new pin, tap Use Google Pin option again and enter the new desired PIN for your Google Account.
- That’s it. You have successfully changed your Google Pay Pin.
- You will be asked to enter this PIN each time you open the application.
Invite friends to Google Pay and explore your rewards
You can use Google Pay to be rewarded with money by sending your registration code to friends. This way, when your friend creates a Google Pay account and uses it for the first transaction, you will both receive a reward.
- Open the Google Pay app and scroll down to locate Call section.
- Touch Copy your code to copy the recommendation code and send it to your friends.
- Whenever your friend creates a Google Pay account by clicking on the link containing your referral code and completes their first transaction, you will both be rewarded with money deposited directly into your bank account.
- You can track all your rewards by tapping on Awards button below Promotions section.
Delete your Google Pay account
If you no longer wish to use Google Pay for transactions, you may cancel your payment account associated with your Google Account. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Sign out of Google Pay by navigating through Profile icon> Settings> Logout.
- Open payments.google.com in your web browser on your PC.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to find Payment profile status Section and click on Close the payment profile to cancel your Google Pay account.
- Uninstall the application from your phone.
In this article, you learned the best tips and tricks for Google Pay to make the most of this app. If this article helped you achieve the same, click the like button and share this article with your friends. As always, stay with us for more informative content like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.