Google Lens is a great app that allows its users to be their real-world companions. With the help of this application, you can copy text from what you have recorded, make homework easier, and even translate live text into 100+ languages. But many Android users in the past have reported certain issues while using it. These problems range from an application launch error to the inability to translate text through the application. In this article we will tell you how to fix it.
Also, Read | 6 best tips and tricks for Google Lens, hidden features you should know
Fix a Google lens that doesn’t work on Android
If you have ever encountered such situations on your Android phone, the first step you should try should always be restart the deviceIf the problem persists, you should follow these simple steps.
Activate the Google lens manually
In some cases, users have reported that the Lens application does not run on its own. You can resolve this issue by manually activating the Google Lens from Google Now. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Long press the Home button to activate Google Now
- Touch compass icon in the lower right corner of the screen to open the Exploration tab
- Touch Lens icon to the left of the microphone icon at the bottom
- If the application is not configured, useGet started‘to manually activate the Lens
Update the Google Lens app from the PlayStore
This method involves updating the Lens app from the Google Playstore app to resolve and apply bug fixes published by Google. To update an application,
- Open the Google PlayStore app
- Look for a Google lens
- Tap the icon
- If you see Update Button in front of the app icon, then tap it.
- If you see a sign Open up The button in front of the app icon means that your app has already been updated.
Delete lens cache files
Sometimes the Android app does not work properly and behaves badly due to the presence of a large number of cache files. In such a situation, it is necessary to clear the cache files associated with the application. To clear the cache data from the Lens application, follow these steps
- Long press the Lens app and tap Application data
- Touch Storage
- The cache data associated with the Lens application will be displayed here
- Touch Delete data and select Clear the cache the ability to delete all cache files
Check the appropriate app approvals
Many users have reported that the translation feature on Google Apps is not working. The immediate solution to this problem is to check and grant the appropriate applications permissions. You can give Google Lens apps the appropriate app permissions through the steps below
- Long press the Lens app from the app tray.
- Touch Application data
- Touch Application permissions
- Turn it on Permits for Camera, microphone and memory
Remove application data from the Lens application
If the lens app on your smartphone still creates problems after you try all of the above steps, give it a try Remove all application data. To do this, follow these simple steps
- Long press the Lens icon and tap Application data
- Touch Storage
- Touch Delete data
- Select Delete all data
In this article, you learned about the problems that occur with the Google lens on Android and the various ways you can fix it to make it work properly. If this article is helpful to you, like it and don’t forget to share this article with your friends. As always, follow more articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.