If you happen to be a Windows laptop user, then you must have often encountered the annoying situation of having poor sound during media playback. This is a common problem and can be easily solved with certain adjustments in the settings. In this article, you will learn five ways to fix low volume speakers from laptop speakers in Windows 10 and 11. In addition, you can learn to fix a microphone that does not work on a laptop.
Also, read | 3 ways to turn off startup sounds in Windows 11
Reasons for poor volume on your laptop
If you notice a low volume problem on your laptop during media playback, it may be for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons for this problem are:
- Lack of correct drivers.
- Physical damage or clogging of the speaker openings.
- Invalid driver updates.
- Request a complete window update.
- Primary speakers are disabled.
- Low volume of the primary speaker.
In addition, let’s look at the best ways to solve this problem.
Ways to fix low volume from laptop speakers
Test the laptop speakers for output sound
The first and most important step to repairing your laptop speaker is to know about their sound output. Both Windows 11 and 10 provide the ability to test the sound level by playing sound from the primary speakers. Checking this will ensure that the speakers are actively working or not. Follow these simple steps for a quick solution.
- Press the Windows key, search Sound settings and open it.
- Below Output settings, click on Test to play audio sounds.
- The system will play audio sounds with one speaker at a time to ensure proper functionality.
Adjust the communication settings and increase the volume manually
By default, Windows can automatically adjust the volume of different sounds when you use your computer for calls. This often results in a decrease in the volume levels of the primary speaker outputs. Follow these simple steps to resolve this issue.
- Click on Hardware and sound.
- Open sound options by clicking Sound.
- Go to Communications tab.
- Change setting to ‘He doesn’t do anything‘and apply the changes.
- Move to Playback Tab.
- Locate yours primary speaker and double click on it.
- Go to the Levels tab and adjust slider at full volume.
Run the Windows Troubleshooter to fix low volume issues
If you can’t figure out the cause of the sound problems on your laptop, you can use the help of the Windows troubleshooter to solve it. Microsoft Windows offers built-in troubleshooting programs to detect and troubleshoot various issues related to installed hardware. Follow these simple steps to troubleshoot audio issues using the troubleshooting method.
- Press the Windows key, Search Settings and open it.
- In the right pane, scroll down to find Solving problems and open it.
- Click on Other Troubleshooters.
- To detect and resolve audio issues, click Launch button in front of Audio Playback to run the appropriate troubleshooting tool.
- Windows will detect and repair any problem with the sound itself.
Update audio drivers
Sometimes installing certain third-party applications on your laptop interferes with the system’s audio drivers. This creates distortion and low volume problems on the laptop. You can solve this problem by manually updating the audio driver on the system. Follow these simple steps for a quick solution.
- Press the Windows key, search Device manager and open it.
- Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right click on Speakers and select Update drivers.
- Click on Automatically searches for drivers to update drivers.
- Alternatively, if you have an audio update file, you can review your files to update the audio driver.
Increase the volume using third-party software
Equalizer APO is one of the best third party software that can amplify the sound on your laptop for free. This lightweight application does not consume much system resources and is compatible with Windows 10 and 11. Follow these simple steps to increase the volume on your laptop.
- Download the Equalizer APO and double-click the downloaded file to start the installer.
- Click on Next to start the installation and select your own primary speaker from the list to improve your sound.
- Click on Finish and restart the system to apply the changes.
Bonus: Use your Android phone as a laptop speaker
If your laptop is very old and its speakers can’t give you the experience you need, then you can transform your Android phone into a portable speaker for your laptop. Follow this 2-minute reading on how use your phone as a speaker for a laptop.
In this article, you learned the best ways to fix low volume speakers from laptop speakers in Windows 10 and 11. If this article helped you solve this problem for you, click the Like button and share this article with your friends to help them. As always, stay with us for even better quality content like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.