PDF is a great format for documents – it’s secure, consistent and compatible on all devices. However, editing can be very tedious. Fortunately, you can convert PDFs to Google Docs format and edit them as any text file with workarounds to keep the original formatting and the ability to export back to PDF and other popular formats. Here are some quick and easy ways to convert PDF to Google Docs.
Related | 3 best ways to compress PDF size for free online
How to convert a PDF file to Google Doc format
To edit a PDF, you need access to Adobe Acrobat’s editing features or third-party third-party editing software.
1. Open the PDF in Google Docs via Drive
Google allows you to directly convert a PDF document to Google Docs without the need for third-party tools. Follow the steps below to open a PDF in Google Docs and edit it like any regular text document.
- Open Google Docs in your browser on your computer. Log in with your account if you haven’t already.
- Click here + button to create a new document.
- When a blank document opens, click File > Open up.
- Select a PDF file from your Drive or upload it from your computer.
- The PDF will open in a separate window. Click here Open with at the top and select Google Docs.
- The PDF document will now open in Google Docs.
- You can edit it like any normal text document. When you’re done, click File > Download and select PDF or any other format to download.
You can also transfer the file directly to Google Drive and then open it using Google Docs.
2. Convert PDF to Google Doc (with formatting) using MS Word
Microsoft Word allows you to convert and save PDFs directly to Google Drive. All you have to do is open the PDF in Word and save it as a word document on your Disk, as follows:
- Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
- Click on Open up and select the PDF you want to convert.
- When prompted for the file to be converted, click All right.
- Please wait to convert the file.
- When done, the contents of the PDF will be converted to Document format while retaining the original formatting, including text, font, space, and so on.
- Click on Enable editing in the yellow bar at the top if prompted. Edit it if necessary.
- Now click on File > Save as.
- Save it on your computer as docx file. Then upload it to Google Drive.
- You can now open the converted PDF in Google Docs without any problems.
3. Using Adobe PDF to Word Converter
You can use Adobe’s free online service to convert PDF to Word. Then place the Word document on Disk to open it via Google Docs.
- Visit the Adobe PDF to Word conversion page in your browser.
- Click here Select File. Select the PDF you want to convert.
- Wait for the document to load and convert.
- Click Download when the file is ready.
- Now visit Google Drive and upload the downloaded docx file.
- You can now open and edit in Google Docs as shown in Method 1.
You will need to sign in to your Adobe account for more conversions.
4. Using PDF for Doc
PDF to Doc is another online service where you can convert your PDF file to a plain Word document used in MS Word or Google Docs. You can use it to convert up to 20 PDF files at once.
- Visit PDF2Doc in your browser.
- Make sure PDF is selected in Doc or Docx.
- Click on Upload files and select a PDF file.
- It will quickly convert and make the file available for download.
- Download and upload it to Google Drive for editing via Docs.
5. Via Ease PDF Converter
Ease PDF is a similar cloud service for batch converting PDFs to Word documents that can later be loaded and edited using Google Docs. To use it:
- Visit Ease PDF to Word Converter in your browser.
- Click on Add files and select all PDF files you want to convert.
- Then click on Convert and wait for it to load and process.
- When you’re done, click Download to download word files.
- Now upload these files to Disk.
- You will now be able to open them in Google Docs.
These were some quick and easy ways to convert a PDF file to Google Docs. You can open the PDF directly in Google Docs or use third-party services to convert it to Google Doc (docx). I hope this helps you access and edit PDFs in Documents. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.