Microsoft today released the final stable version of Windows 11. Microsoft has already announced that it will be a free upgrade for those currently using Windows 10, however, to run Windows 11, your system must meet some basic requirements, such as Intel 8. generation or AMD Zen 2 and newer CPUs, and 4 GB of memory, etc. The update will be introduced in stages, but you can still install it, and in this guide I will discuss all such ways to upgrade to Windows 11 for free and without waiting.
Also, read | How to quickly reset Windows 11 without losing files
Upgrade your computer to Windows 11 for free
Windows 11 is a phased introduction that will appear on eligible devices by mid-2022. You can follow one of these listed methods to upgrade to Windows 11 without waiting.
See also | 3 ways to install Windows 11 on an unsupported computer
Before we continue, you should double-check that your system really supports the update for Windows 11. According to the company, it will only work with compatible 64-bit processors, at least 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of storage, UEFI secure boot and TPM 2.0 . You can use the PC Health Check application to verify that your computer qualifies for a free upgrade.
Note: Before you install Windows 11, be sure to save your data and back up your computer.
1. Check for updates and downloads
The first method is too obvious. You can upgrade to Windows 11 by manually checking for updates on your computer. First of all, make sure your Windows 10 computer is running 2004 or later and has a service update for September 2021 or later installed.
To check if an update is available for your specific device:
1. Open “Settings” on your computer and go to “Update & Security”.
2. Now click on “Windows Update” and then select “Check for Updates”.
If your device meets all the requirements, you will see an update for Windows 11 and the ability to download and install. You can easily select “Download and Install”.
However, as mentioned above, you may need to wait for this update on your computer.
2. Download the Installation Assistant
Another option to upgrade to Windows is to use the Microsoft Windows 11 Installation Assistant, which downloads the update to your device and you can begin the installation. Here’s how to download this tool and install the update:
1. Visit the Microsoft Windows 11 download page.
2. Here you will see “Windows 11 Installation Assistant” as the first option.
3. Click the “Download” button below it to download the tool.
Once the tool is downloaded, run it on your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions and it will download the Windows 11 update and install it on your computer.
Your computer will restart, and you will be running Windows 11. However, not all users will be able to install it on their computers.
3. Create a bootable USB for Windows 11
So, if you want Windows 11 on a new computer or reinstall it later on your computer, you can make a USB drive to start Windows 11. Microsoft offers this option using its own USB boot media creation tool. Let’s find out how it works!
First of all, make sure you have an active internet connection, enough storage space on your computer, a USB drive with at least 8 GB to create a bootable disk. You should use a blank USB as its data will be erased during installation.
1. After you download the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, open it or run it as an administrator.
2. Click “Accept” and select “Create installation media for another computer” on the next page, then click “Next”.
4. Select the language and Windows edition and click Next.
5. Now, on the next page, select the media you want to use – a USB drive or an ISO file.
- If you select a USB flash drive, plug in a blank USB flash drive (at least 8 GB) and click “Next”.
Now the installation of Windows 11 will start downloading to your USB drive.
When the installation setting is created on your USB drive, you will see the message “Your USB flash drive is ready”, click “Finish” and remove it from your computer.
Here’s how you can use this flash drive to install Windows 11 updates on any supported computer:
1. Connect the USB flash drive to the computer.
2. Now restart your computer and Windows 11 Setup will open.
3. Start by selecting the language, time, and keyboard settings, and then click Next.
4. Now select “Install Windows”.
If your computer does not boot automatically from the USB media, you will need to open the boot menu manually using the computer’s BIOS settings. To open the boot menu, you will need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc, depending on the model) immediately after turning on the computer.
You can then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
4. Download Windows 11 ISO
You can also download the Windows 11 ISO file to your computer and then use a DVD burner and follow the instructions to burn it to create a Windows 11 DVD or USB to install and install it. Follow the steps below to download the ISO and install the setting:
1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file from here or from the above step.
2. Now right-click the ISO file and select “Properties”.
3. On the General tab, click Change next to Opens with, and select Windows Explorer from the menu and Apply.
If you want to use a third-party DVD burner, you can right-click the ISO file and select Open then select that program from the list.
Select a few more options, including Boot selection, select ISO from the list. Click on “start” and it will enable Burn and your flash drive will be ready.
You can also install Windows 11 directly from an ISO file without using a flash drive. You will need to mount it on your computer for this. To mount an ISO file:
1. Go to the downloaded ISO file, right-click on it, and then click on “Properties”.
2. On the General tab, click Change, and then click Windows Explorer and Apply.
3. Now right-click the ISO file and select “Mount”.
4. This will create a virtual boot disk on your computer, open it to view the files. a
5. Double-click the setup.exe file here to install the installation for Windows 11.
Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. Your computer will restart and run on Windows 11.
These were ways to download updates for Windows 11 and upgrade your eligible computer. Tell us in the comments which method you used to upgrade to Windows 11!
Also, read | 7 ways to speed up Windows 11 and improve performance
Windows was announced in June and brings a simplified design and user experience, a Start menu in the middle, new tools like Snap layouts, Desktops, and a new, more intuitive reassembly experience. Click here to learn more features of Windows 11.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.