The Government of India adopted on Monday, December 21, 2021. The Bill on Election Laws (Amendment) 2021. With this new law, the citizens of India will now have to connect their voter ID cards with Aadhaar cards. In this tutorial, I will walk you through simple steps to connect your voter ID card to your Aadhaar card online.
Also, read | 2 easy ways to connect your PAN card to an Aadhaar card online
Ways to associate your voter ID with an Aadhaar card
You can connect your Aadhaar card to the voter ID card in three ways. One is the NVSP (National Voter Services Portal), the other is texting or telephoning, and the third is by visiting a booth-level clerk nearby.
Via the NVSP website
Here we elaborate on how you can link these documents online via the NVSP portal:
1. Go to the NVSP website on your computer.
2. Log in here using your mobile phone number or email and password. If you do not have an NVSP account, you can also register.
3. After registering, click on “Search the Voter List” and enter your country, county, constituency and personal information including your father’s name and name.
Alternatively, you can search with your voter ID.
4. Now enter the captcha and click the search button. Your voter ID information will be displayed on the screen. Click on “All Details”.
5. On the next page, click on the ‘Feed Aadhaar No’ option on the right side of the screen.
6. A pop-up window will open and you can enter the same name as on the Aadhaar card, Aadhaar number, Voter ID number and registered mobile phone number.
7. After filling in these details, click on the submit button.
This is all. You will see a message on the screen that your application to connect Aadhaar and Voter ID has been successfully registered.
By sending an SMS
You can also associate your voter identification card with your Aadhaar card by sending an SMS to your registered number. Write an SMS in the following format:
By phone call
You can also link an voter ID card to Aadhaar by calling a dedicated number set by the government. You can call 1950 working days between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and tell your voter ID and Aadhaar card information to complete the connection.
Through cabin-level officers
Finally, your Aadhaar card and voter ID card can be connected offline. You can do this by submitting an application to your appropriate cabin level officer (BLO).
Alternatively, Aadhaar e-Seva centers, as well as voter facilitation centers, will also conduct a survey to collect this data that can be used to link Aadhaar and voter ID. You can contact your local polling station for more details on these polls.
Check the connection status of the Aadhaar Voter ID
After you apply to connect your voter ID and Aadhaar card, you can double-check its online status on the NVSP website. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the NVSP website.
2. Click on “Monitor application status”.
3. On the next page, enter your reference ID to be sent to your phone number and click on “Track Status”.
4. After entering, you will see a notification that the registered request is being processed.
5. If successful, you can also go to the official UIDAI website to check if your Aadhaar card is linked to a voter ID.
These were the ways you can easily connect your ID card to your Aadhaar card. If you encounter any problem connecting these two, let us know in the comments below!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.