Did you know that you can turn your Android phone into a live security camera? Yes, you heard right. If you have a spare Android phone, you can use it to remotely view live content using third-party apps, or you can even use it as a home security camera. In this article you will learn 3 ways to remotely see live camera transmission from Android phone.
Also, read | 7 ways to fix your Android phone not charging when plugged in
Ways to remotely view live camera content from Android
Use the IP Phone Camera app
The IP Phone Camera app is a free third-party Android app that offers viewing of multiple cameras, video recording, photos, and email notifications for motion detection. This app can turn your old Android device into a live camera that you can watch from anywhere in the world. Follow these simple steps to set this up on your Android device.
- Open up Google Play Store, search for and install the IP Phone Camera application.
- Choose your connection method. This application offers three modes of operation, ie. WIFI, mobile access point and mobile data. Please note that the Mobile Data Plan is a premium plan that can only be accessed after the payment is completed.
- Select the desired connection method. Note that for WIFI and Mobile Hotspot methods, both the sender and the receiving device must be connected to the same network.
- Tap on Start Broadcasting button to view live camera streams on your phone.
- To watch live camera streaming, open your browser on a PC or any other device and access the URL shown on the screen.
- Your browser will immediately connect to your mobile phone’s camera to watch the live stream.
- You can too record this live stream or rotate the camera and turn on the flashlight remotely.
Use an IP webcam for the Android app
IP Webcam is another efficient Android application that turns your phone into a network camera that can be viewed from anywhere remotely. It supports two-way sound and works well with most security cameras. Follow these simple steps to try this app on your phone.
- Open up Google Play Store, search for and install the IP Webcam application.
- Open the application and provide all necessary access privileges.
- This app supports both local and cloud broadcasting. Cloud broadcasting involves logging into your own cloud space to access live camera streaming from anywhere in the world.
- Browse the list of configurable options and tap Start the server to start broadcasting live camera broadcasts from your phone.
- Note that local broadcasting requires both devices must be connected to the same network.
- Open a browser on another device and search for data URL located at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch Search engine from the list of buttons for enabling and displaying live cameras from your phone on another device.
Use the Iriun webcam for PC and Mac
The Iriun Webcam App allows you to use your phone’s camera as a wireless webcam. It supports up to 4K resolution and can be used to capture real-time video from your phone’s camera. To see live camera streaming on another device such as a PC or Mac, you need to install the appropriate drivers for the app to work. Follow these simple steps to use this app.
- Open up Google Play Store, look for the Iriun Webcam application and install it.
- Install the appropriate drivers for PC or Mac by downloading the driver from the Iriun website.
- Tap on Continue button on the mobile app to start broadcasting.
- Open up Irium Webcam PC application on your desktop.
- Wait a few seconds and allow the app to connect to the desktop app.
- The desktop application will start showing live video streaming from your phone’s camera.
- Note that in order for this application to work properly, your mobile and system must be connected to the same network.
Bonus: Use your phone as a webcam for Zoom video calls
If you don’t have a dedicated webcam with you for meetings or the quality of the webcam on your laptop is very poor, then you can turn your smartphone’s camera into a remote webcam to attend any video meeting. Follow this 2-minute easy read on how to use your phone as a webcam for Zoom calls.
In this article, you learned 3 ways to remotely see live camera transmission from your Android phone. If this article helped you turn your Android phone into a live security camera, press the Like button and share this article with your friends. Follow us for more interesting articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.