In addition to the mobile app, Instagram can also be used on a desktop browser that has so far only allowed users to view and check messages. However, the Facebook-owned giant has now added the option to post images and videos via the desktop version. In this article, let’s take a look at three easy ways to post to Instagram from a Mac or Windows PC.
Related 3 ways to copy Instagram comments or captions to Android, iPhone
Post to Instagram from Mac or Windows PC (2021)
Using Instagram on your phone can be tedious, especially if you spend long hours on the platform. On the contrary, posting on Instagram from your desktop can save a lot of time, and at the same time allows you to do your job efficiently.
You can import and edit photos from your camera and post them directly on Instagram without returning them to your phone. It will also help users who work on social networks, but do not want to use their phones due to interference and want a bigger screen to work with.
Below we’ve highlighted some simple methods for posting photos and videos to Instagram using your Mac or Windows PC. Read on.
Method 1 – Use the Instagram feature to upload from the desktop
From October 2021, you can post pictures and videos to your Instagram timeline using the desktop version. Below is how you can use it:
- Open a browser and go to instagram.com.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Click on + icon in the upper right corner.
- Now tap Select from Computer.
- Select the photo or video you want to post. You can also drag them directly into the frame.
- Once selected, frame the photo as desired. You can also enlarge or add more photos using the given buttons.
- Then add filters and make adjustments such as brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- Furthermore, add a title, location, or replacement text if necessary.
- Finally, tap Share to upload a picture or video.
Method 2 – Upload Instagram stories, posts using Creator Studio on the desktop
You can use Creator Studio to upload, compose and publish all your Instagram content except stories from your computer. You can also use it to schedule posts to be published later and to edit descriptions and locations of posts you’ve already posted.
- Open Facebook Creator Studio in your browser.
- Connect your Instagram account. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Instagram tab. Click Create a post and select Instagram Feed.
- Select the Instagram account you want to post to if multiple accounts are linked.
- Add a caption and location if needed.
- Click on Add content.
- Select Since uploading the file if you want to upload a photo or video from your desktop. Or choose From the Facebook page to publish content you have already shared on your page.
- You can now tag people, crop your photo, and even a business partner for a branded post.
- Check the box for Post to Facebook if you want to share the same post simultaneously on your Facebook account.
- Finally, click on Publish to post on Instagram.
If you want to schedule a post for later, click on the arrow next to it Publish and hit Schedule. Select the date and time the post was published and click Schedule again. You can also edit an already published post by going to the content library.
Method 3 – Launch the Instagram app on your computer using the emulator
Another option for using Instagram on your computer is to use an Android emulator. You can run the Instagram app on your desktop using Google’s Android Studio or third-party Android emulators like Bluestacks.
Then you can post photos, videos or even post stories on Instagram from your computer, much like on your smartphone. Here’s a step-by-step guide to running an Android app on your PC using Android Studio.
These were some easy ways to upload photos or videos to Instagram from your Mac or Windows PC. Since Instagram has enabled the upload option on the desktop version, you won’t have to search anywhere else. But in case you do, there are other channels like Creative Studio, Android Emulators and third-party social media management tools. Anyway, let me know your preferred method in the comments below. Stay with us for more.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.