If you’re using Android TV, it may already have a home screen set up with some pre-installed apps and channels you watch often. But if you want to change this, as well as the way apps behave on your home screen, you can do so simply because of the flexibility of the Android operating system. Here I will tell you how to customize the home screen of your Android TV.
Also, read | 2 ways to display photos as a screen saver on Android TV
Customize your Android TV’s home screen
You can customize the channels that appear on your TV’s home screen, and you can change them to keep your favorites on top. Follow the steps below to customize all of this on your TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and on the home screen, click the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
2. Now select “Device Settings” in Settings.
3. On the next page, scroll down to “Home screen” and tap it.
4. You will now see several home screen functions that you can change.
5. The first is “Adjust Channels” and when you click on it, you will see the different channels you are watching on the TV.
Here you can turn off the “Play Next” function for these channels. For example, in the case of YouTube, you can choose which tabs you want to play on the screen. You can choose between trends, subscriptions and recommendations.
Turn video or audio preview on / off
1. You can then turn video and audio previews on or off.
2. Just return to the main settings of the home screen, and in the Channels section, turn the switches next to them on / off.
Change the order of applications or games
In addition to these two settings, you can also change the order of applications and games on the TV.
1. On the Home screen settings page, scroll down to the Applications section, and then click ‘Reorder Applications’.
2. You will then see all the applications installed on your TV. You can click on the app you want to move.
3. Then click the application you want to replace this one with. That’s it, your previously selected app will reposition with the new app you selected.
Similarly, you can do this for games.
So, it was about how you can customize the Android TV home screen. For more tips and tricks on smart TVs, follow us!
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.