Do you still take screenshots or save posts on Instagram to keep captions or comments for later? Wouldn’t it be better to copy and share them directly wherever you want? Well, although the Instagram app does not allow copy-paste for texts in captions or comments, you can do so with a few simple hacks. Here are some quick ways to copy Instagram comments or captions or your iPhone or Android phone.
Related 7 best Instagram tips and tricks for professionals in 2021
Copy Instagram comments or captions on Android and iPhone
On Facebook, you can copy text in posts or comments without any problems. However, the same is not true for the Instagram app – you can’t select or highlight text in the title or comments like you would otherwise do in other apps.
Still, we still have a few ways to copy and paste captions or comments from Instagram posts. Read on.
1. Using the Instagram page for desktop computers in a browser
The easiest way to copy an Instagram caption or comment is through the Instagram website. You can do this directly on your computer or request a desktop site on your Android or iPhone, as shown below.
- Open the Instagram post from which you want to copy the title or comments.
- Touch menu with three points and then Copy Connection.
- Now open Google Chrome (or any other browser).
- Paste the link into the address bar. Once Instagram loads, sign in with your account.
- Now tap menu with three points in the upper right corner.
- Click on Desktop Site.
- Once the desktop version loads, find the comment or caption you want to copy.
- Long press the title or comment on the Instagram post and drag to select.
- Touch Copy to save it to the clipboard.
You can now paste a copied caption or comment wherever you want. Please note that subtitles can also be copied to the Instagram mobile page. You don’t have to switch to a desktop location if your purpose is just to copy the title.
On the iPhone
- Go to the post on Instagram from which you want to copy the title or comments.
- Touch menu with three points and select Copy link.
- Then open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Paste and enter the copied link in the address bar. Log in to your account if requested.
- Touch Aa button in the lower left corner.
- Click on Request a website for desktops.
- After the desktop page loads, rotate your iPhone to landscape. Otherwise, the comments will not be visible.
- Select and drag to highlight text.
- Then tap Copy to save it and paste it wherever you want.
2. Copy Instagram comments with Google Photos or Apple Photos
Google Photos comes integrated with Google Lens, which allows you to scan and copy text from your photos. Similarly, Apple also introduced Live Text with iOS 15, which intelligently recognizes text in photos.
Wondering how this will help copy Instagram comments or captions? Well, all you have to do is take a screenshot of the post or comment section and use Google Photos or Apple Photos to extract the text. Check the steps below.
Using Google Lens in Google Photos (Android, iOS)
- For starters, take a screenshot of the caption or comment on the Instagram post.
- Now open the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Go to the screenshot you took.
- Now click on Lens icon at the bottom.
- It will automatically detect the text in the image.
- Select the comment or caption you want to copy. Touch Copy.
Use live text in Apple Photos (iOS)
- Take a screenshot of the Instagram post or comments you want to copy.
- Then open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Go to the screenshot you just took. Open it.
- Touch Live Text Icon in the lower right corner.
- It will automatically highlight all the text on the screenshot.
- Touch the text you want to copy and select Copy.
You can also copy Instagram captions or comments using Google Keep or an online image-to-text converter. Here are more ways to copy text from images on Android, iPhone and PC.
3. Using the Universal Copy application (Android)
The Universal Copy app lets you use text from an app or image to not use the default long press option for Android or iOS to highlight text. This means you can use it to copy text from literally any on-screen app, including Instagram. To use:
- Download and install the Universal Copy app from the Google Play Store.
- Open and enable the service. Allow permission to access when prompted.
- Now open Instagram and go to the post from which you want to copy comments or captions.
- Open the notification panel and tap Activate universal copy mode.
- The application will now reveal all the text on your screen.
- Select the comment you want to copy and tap Copy button.
- That’s it. Now you can paste it wherever you want.
Bonus – Copy Instagram comments in large numbers using third party services
Several third-party sites and bots allow you to remove all comments from any public post on Instagram. You can use these services when you want to copy comments en masse.
Exportgram.net is one such service to which you can paste an Instagram post link and get all comments (up to 100 on a free account) exported in CSV or Excel format. Alternatively, you can also use Spatulah, ExportComments and more.
Finish – Copy Instagram comments with ease
These were some working ways to copy and paste comments or captions from Instagram posts. I hope this will help people who have a habit of keeping interesting comments or captions they come across on the platform. We hope that Instagram will allow users to copy texts on the mobile app in the future. Anyway, let me know if you have anything else to add in the comments below. Follow us for more tips and tricks like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.