Sometimes you receive an email in your Gmail inbox and want to copy the sender’s email address for some reason. You can easily copy an email address to your computer and paste it anywhere, but on your phone it sometimes gets pretty hard. In this article, I will tell you three such ways that you can easily copy the sender’s email address in the Gmail application on your phone.
Also, read | 2 ways to copy text from images on Android and iPhone
Ways to copy a sender’s email address in Gmail
As mentioned, on Android phones, Gmail will not allow you to copy the sender’s email address directly from the inbox, but there are some solutions. Read on to find out all the details!
Touch and hold, select and copy
On some devices and for some emails, you can easily copy the sender’s email, just as you copy other text. This means that you can first try to copy in the traditional way. If a new window does not open and when you tap and hold it displays options, you are ready.
1. Just open the email and tap and hold the sender’s email address.
2. You will see options like – Copy, Share and Select All.
3. Touch copy and the email will be copied.
If this fails, you can touch and hold the sender’s name and start dialing, then the sender name and email address will be selected and then you can copy this.
Click on the email address
This is probably the easiest way to copy any email address to your phone whether the app allows it or not. So when you tap the sender’s email address link, a new window for writing a message opens and you can copy from there.
1. Open any email you want to copy from.
2. Tap the arrow next to the sender’s name, and then tap the email address.
3. A new writing window will now open with the sender’s email address in the recipient’s address. Touch it one more time.
4. You will now see two options below the email address. You can simply tap “Copy” to copy the email address from there and paste it anywhere.
Copy from the mail forwarding window
When you forward an email to someone, it contains all the information including the original sender’s email address, date and time, and so on. So if you want to copy the email address of any sender, just forward that email to anyone, don’t send it.
1. Just click the forward button and in the next window you will see all the details of that email.
2. From this window you can copy the sender’s address and paste it wherever you want.
So, this way you can copy the sender’s email address in the Gmail application on your phone. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned with Gadgets To Use!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.