Google Maps undoubtedly provides the best and most accurate navigation experience to its users. It is constantly updated to provide you with the best details in real time. You can also contribute to this process by uploading photos or videos of locations to Google Map. In this article, you will learn 3 ways to add photos, videos to locations on Google Maps. You can also save your favorite location on Google Maps using your phone or computer.
Also, read | 7 best tips and tricks for Google Maps that you can use on your phone
Add photos, videos to locations on Google Maps
Google Maps allows you to promote your business or view and add photos / videos of a public location on Maps. This contribution will help you reach more potential customers and increase your level of local guide in the area. All uploads are reviewed and verified before they become part of Google Maps.
You can use different image and video formats besides size should not be larger than 5 MB and 75 MB respectively. You can review the Google Maps guidelines before uploading content to Google Maps. In addition, let’s look at 3 ways to upload photos / videos of public locations to Google Maps.
Add photos / videos to locations on your mobile device
Follow these simple steps to add photos and videos to Google Maps from your phone.
- Open up google maps Application.
- Search and go to the location whose photos you want to upload.
- Pull slider to view details.
- Scroll down to find Add photos.
- Choose your photo or video.
- Tap on Publish button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Your uploaded photos / videos will appear on Google Maps as soon as they are viewed.
Add photos, videos to locations on your computer
You can also use your PC or laptop to upload photos or videos directly to locations in Google Maps. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Open Google Maps in your web browser.
- Look for a location where you want to add photos and videos and click on it.
- Scroll down to find Add a photo.
- Select a photo or video you want to upload and press Enter.
- Your photo will be uploaded and then reviewed to appear on Google Map.
Use the Google Photos app to add photos directly to Maps
Did you know that you can instantly upload a photo or video from Google Photos to Google Maps? With the recently updated Google Photos app, you can select and share location photos / videos directly on Google Maps. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open up Google Photos app on your mobile phone.
- Select the photo you want to share with Google Maps and open it.
- Touch Share button.
- Choose yes Add to Maps.
- Choose one of listed places in Maps and tag photos to share.
- Tap on Publish button to send a photo / video location.
- Your shared content will be visible on Google Maps once it has passed the review.
Bonus tip: Add a missing location to Google Maps
If you notice that the location you are looking for in Google Maps is not available in it, then you can manually add the location and its corresponding photos / videos with it. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Search for the area to which you want to assign the missing location.
- Right-click and select add the missing space.
- Fill in all job / location entries and add the appropriate photos and videos.
- Click on Send to submit an entry for review to the Google Maps team.
In this article, you learned 3 ways to add photos and videos to locations on Google Maps. If this article is helpful, click the Like button and share this with your friends to help them be aware of these features of Google Maps. As always, stay with us for more instructions like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.