Instagram now allows you to upload videos longer than 1 minute to your feed without any changes. Earlier, if you remember, this was possible via Instagram’s IGTV app which is now being pulled because there is no upload button in that app now. Facebook connected it to the main Instagram app and called it just “Videos”. In this article, I will tell you the steps for posting longer videos on Instagram.
Also, read | 5 ways to download Instagram reels with sound without posting
Upload long videos to Instagram
First of all, with the new update, you will no longer have to leave the main app to watch the video, and in addition, it will appear along with all the other previous videos in a separate Videos tab. Let’s know the steps for uploading longer videos to Instagram.
As you know, Instagram now allows you to post from both your computer, so here are the steps to uploading longer videos to Instagram from both your mobile and PC.
Download from your computer
1. Open the Instagram website on your computer.
2. Now click on the + icon in the upper right corner to create a post.
3. Click “Select from Computer” to upload your video file.
4. When the file is loaded, you will see a window with the Crop option. Here you can change the aspect ratio of your video to your footage.
5. Click the small arrows at the bottom left of the video screen and you will see clipping options. Select the desired ratio and click Next.
6. On the next page, you can select a cover photo for your video, and also reduce the video if it is too long. When you’re done, click Next.
7. On the next page you can write a title for your video.
8. Also, in the accessibility settings, you can opt for automatically generated subtitles for your video.
9. In advanced settings, you can turn off commenting. When you are done with all this, click on Share at the top.
That’s it. Your long video will be posted on your timeline. You can check this on a special Videos tab next to other videos.
Download from your mobile phone
Similarly, you can publish from your smartphone. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap the + icon to create a post.
2. Select “Publish” from the options, then select a video from your gallery.
3. Now here you can also change the aspect ratio of your video by tapping the small arrows at the bottom.
4. Then tap Next at the top and select a filter if you want it to be applied to your video.
5. Here you can also shorten your video by tapping Trim from the options below.
6. Tap Next and Write a title for your video and also select a cover by tapping Cover.
7. Finally, tap Share at the bottom to upload your video.
Once uploaded, you can check it on the main feed below the Videos tab.
So this way you can post longer videos on Instagram using your mobile or PC. For more tips and tricks like this, stay with us!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.