Newly launched Windows 11 by Microsoft offers a number of new features ranging from an improved user experience to new startup sounds. Unlike previous versions of Windows, Windows 11 brought beautiful soothing sounds to the system at startup. But sometimes these sounds can be annoying and disturbing in a quiet workplace. In this article, you will learn 2 ways to turn off startup sounds in Windows 11. In addition, you can learn to get rid of all notifications in Windows 11.
Also, read | 4 ways to view hidden files and folders in Windows 11
Ways to mute startup sound in Windows 11
Mute startup sounds using Windows settings
Windows 11 offers you the ability to turn off startup sounds by changing Windows settings. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Press the Windows key, search Settings and open it.
- In the left navigation panel, click Personalization.
- Scroll down on the right to locate Topics and open it.
- Click on Sounds next to the system image.
- Deselect Play Windows Startup Sounds.
- Click on Apply and Ok to save changes.
Use the Local Group Policy Editor to mute startup sounds
The Local Group Policy editor is an administrative tool provided by Windows that helps you customize it to your liking. The information stored in this editor is presented as a policy to the user. We can customize these rules to turn off startup sounds.
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key combination.
- Start the Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc in the search bar and press Enter key.
- In the editor, go to:
Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System> Login.
- Double click on Mute Windows startup to open a policy.
- Select Enabled from the options and click on Apply and OK to save the changes.
In this article, you learned 2 ways to turn off startup sounds in Windows 11. If this article helped you achieve the same, click the Like button and share this article with your friends. As always, stay with us for more great articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest preview videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.