Do you often run out of data because your phone automatically updates apps? Don’t worry anymore, we heard you. You will learn in this article today 2 ways to stop automatic app updates on Android. With these methods, you will be able to control and restrict updates for each application that is present on your Android device.
Also, Read | 5 reasons why Android software updates are fucked up
Stop automatically updating apps on Android
Turn off automatic app updates using the Google Play Store
You can turn off automatic updates for your Android device with Google Playstore app. To do this, follow these simple steps.
- Open up Google Playstore An app on your Android device.
- Touch yours Account profile picture icon.
- Open up Settings.
- Touch Network settings.
- Expand Network Settings and tap Automatic application update.
- Select Do not automatically update applications and tap done.
Congratulations. You have successfully disabled automatic app updates on your Android phone.
Turn off app updates by disabling them with ADB
An Android device often has preloaded certain apps that cannot be removed. These applications are called Bloatware. Bloatware applications consume more of your data by updating in the background. Therefore, spending more of your valuable data costs you more money. This method uses ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to remove such applications and any updates associated with them. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- For this process you have to install ADB drivers in your system and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to the system and open a command prompt for adb devices.
- Type ‘adb shell pm disable-user –user 0
‘where the latter is the application package name.
- You can find the package name for your application using the “Application Inspector ” an app from the Google Playstore.
- An example of such a command to remove an application named We Recycle it would beadb shell pm disable-user –user 0 com.xiaomi.mirecycle‘.
That’s it. You have successfully disabled the application and all updates associated with it.
In this article, you learned two ways you can easily disable automatic app updates for your Android phone. If this two-minute reading helped you achieve the same, click the Like button and follow new amazing articles like this
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor subscribe to the latest videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.