Twitter is a great platform for informing about events around the world, sharing thoughts and interacting with followers. Previously, the only way to prevent others from watching your tweets was to block them. However, you can now gently block and remove specific followers to prevent them from seeing your tweets or getting your updates on their feed. Here’s how you can remove followers on Twitter without blocking.
Related | 5 privacy settings you should enable on Twitter right away
Remove followers on Twitter without blocking
Sometimes you may want to prevent certain people from following you or watching your tweets on their summary. So far, you have been able to block a person on Twitter or make your profile private to approve who is following you on the platform.
But now you can use the soft block trick or try Twitter’s new “Remove Followers” feature to get rid of certain people, similar to removing followers on Instagram.
1. Using the “Remove this follower” option on Twitter
Twitter has recently introduced the option to remove followers on the platform. So far, this feature is only available on the Twitter website. It’s more like a remote stop tracking button to get someone to stop following you without their knowledge, similar to Instagram.
- Open the Twitter website (twitter.com) in your browser.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Click on Profile from the sidebar on the left.
- Tap yours here number of followers as shown in the screenshot.
- Click on three points for the follower you want to remove.
- Select Remove this follower of the available options.
- Touch Remove again for confirmation.
2. Soft Block to remove followers on Twitter
Soft block means temporarily blocking someone and then unblocking them to remove them from their followers without telling them. The person will be removed as your follower and will no longer see your private tweets. To do this:
- Visit the profile of the follower you want to remove on Twitter.
- Click here three points and select Block.
- Confirm the user blocking request.
- Then click on Block and then Yes to unblock them.
- That way, you will stop following them, and they will stop following you without notice.
However, the user can follow you again and see your tweets by manually checking your profile. This means that I can also send you direct messages. If you want to secretly read these DMs, check out our guide to reading messages on Twitter without anyone seeing you.
These were two handy ways to remove followers on Twitter without permanently blocking. You can use the Twitter option to remove a follower on Twitter, or use a blocking and unblocking trick to gently block your follower. Both methods help you remotely stop tracking users you want to stay away from. Anyway, do you like the new privacy feature? Let me know in the comments below. Follow us for more articles.
You can also follow us for current technology news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.