If you’ve been using Google Maps for a long time, you probably know that it allows you to set up addresses such as your home or business address. This is useful when traveling to work or returning home, and Maps shows you traffic notifications on your route. However, when you change your place of work or residence, how can you update this new address in Google Maps? Follow this guide to learn how to change your address on Google Maps.
Also, read | 7 best tips and tricks for Google Maps that you can use on your phone
Change your address in Google Maps
If you want to change or update one of your saved addresses in Google Maps, you can do so on the mobile app as well as on the desktop website. See the steps below for both methods;
On the mobile application
1. Open the Google Maps app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Now at the bottom, tap “Saved.”
3. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and tap “Highlighted” in the section of your list.
4. It will display your marked saved places such as Home and Business. Here, next to any of the saved addresses, tap three dots.
5. Select “Edit Home” or “Edit Work” from the menu.
6. You will now see the options for “Set home” address – either enter your new address in the given field or drag the pin to Maps and set it to the new address.
7. When you’re done, tap “Save” at the bottom.
This is all. Google Maps will save your new business or home address.
On the computer
On a Windows PC or Mac, you can visit Google Maps to change your address.
1. Open any web browser on your computer and go to the Google Maps page.
2. Sign in to your Google Account if you’re not already signed in.
3. After logging in, click on the search box in the upper left corner and type Home or Business in the field. Do not press Enter until you see “Edit” next to the address.
4. Then click on the address field to remove the current address and enter a new address.
5. Click “Save” and you are ready.
You have successfully changed your address on Google Maps.
Additionally, you can add photos and videos to places on Google Maps. For more tips and tricks, stay with us!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Friendly communicator. Music maven. Explorer. Pop culture trailblazer. Social media practitioner.